Thursday, June 16, 2011

Home Workspace - Chicago, IL



It simply came to be. I had a desk - it worked just fine - but then I saw this beautifully worn wooden kitchen cabinet. The yellow Formica top happened to match our dining table, which is why we got it in the first place. It wasn't until we got it home that Julie suggested I use it as my desk. And just like that, the search was on for a stool. The next week, I landed an industrial metal stool at a garage sale for just about nothing. Suddenly, I had a new workspace.

Other notables in the picture:

Large Charlie Parker painting...
Miller High Life aluminum cooler...
Black & Decker metal saw box (for files)...
Brown canvas duffel and black doctor's bag...
Groucho Marx Esco statue...
Wool houndstooth Dobbs hat (on Groucho)...
Hamilton Industries (Chicago) collapsible desk lamp (made in Japan)...
Small Roseville crock (for writing utensils)...
Large Moleskine notepad...

No comments:

Post a Comment